Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Couple Favorite Poems...

Don't Tell Me

Don't tell me what you will do when you have time to spare;
Tell me what you did today to ease a load of care.
Don't tell me what you will give when your ship comes in from sea;
Tell me what you did today a fettered soul to free.
Don't tell me the dreams you have of conquest still afar;
Don't say what you hope to be, but tell me what you are.
-- Selected

The Few

The easy roads are crowded and the level roads are jammed;
The pleasant little rivers with the drifting folk are crammed.
But off yonder where it's rocky, where you get a better view;
You will find the ranks are thinning and the travelers are few.
But the steps that call for courage and the task that's hard to do;
In the end result in glory for the never-wavering few.
-- Selected

No comments: